Earnings Calls & Transcripts
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
We claim the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for all of our forward-looking statements. Statements in this release that are not historical facts, such as those using terms like “may,” “will,” “should,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “assume,” “forecast,” “estimate,” “intend,” “plan,” “target” and those regarding our future results, plans and objectives, are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the federal securities laws. These forward-looking statements represent our outlook only as of the date of this release. Actual results could differ materially from these forward-looking statements since the statements are based on our current expectations, which are subject to risks and uncertainties. Factors that might cause such a difference include, but are not limited to, the following:
Industry, Operational and Macroeconomic Risks
- Our inability to accurately forecast and estimate the amount and timing of future collections could have a material adverse effect on results of operations.
- Due to competition from traditional financing sources and non-traditional lenders, we may not be able to compete successfully.
- An outbreak of contagious disease, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, or other public health emergency could materially and adversely affect our business, financial condition, liquidity, and results of operations.
- Reliance on third parties to administer our ancillary product offerings could adversely affect our business and financial results.
- We are dependent on our senior management and the loss of any of these individuals or an inability to hire additional team members could adversely affect our ability to operate profitably.
- Our reputation is a key asset to our business, and our business may be affected by how we are perceived in the marketplace.
- The concentration of our Dealers in several states could adversely affect us.
- Reliance on our outsourced business functions could adversely affect our business.
- Our ability to hire and retain foreign engineering personnel could be hindered by immigration restrictions.
- We may be unable to execute our business strategy due to current economic conditions.
- Adverse changes in economic conditions, the automobile or finance industries, or the non-prime consumer market could adversely affect our financial position, liquidity, and results of operations, the ability of key vendors that we depend on to supply us with services, and our ability to enter into future financing transactions.
- Natural disasters, climate change, military conflicts, acts of war, terrorist attacks and threats, or the escalation of military activity in response to terrorist attacks or otherwise may negatively affect our business, financial condition, and results of operations.
- Governmental or market responses to climate change and related environmental issues could have a material adverse effect on our business.
- A small number of our shareholders have the ability to significantly influence matters requiring shareholder approval and such shareholders have interests which may conflict with the interests of our other security holders.
Capital and Liquidity Risks
- We may be unable to continue to access or renew funding sources and obtain capital needed to maintain and grow our business.
- The terms of our debt limit how we conduct our business.
- A violation of the terms of our asset-backed secured financing facilities or revolving secured warehouse facilities could have a material adverse impact on our operations.
- Our substantial debt could negatively impact our business, prevent us from satisfying our debt obligations, and adversely affect our financial condition.
- We may not be able to generate sufficient cash flows to service our outstanding debt and fund operations and may be forced to take other actions to satisfy our obligations under such debt.
- Interest rate fluctuations may adversely affect our borrowing costs, profitability, and liquidity.
- The phaseout of the London Interbank Offered Rate (“LIBOR”), or the replacement of LIBOR with a different reference rate, could result in a material adverse effect on our business.
- Reduction in our credit rating could increase the cost of our funding from, and restrict our access to, the capital markets and adversely affect our liquidity, financial condition, and results of operations.
- We may incur substantially more debt and other liabilities. This could exacerbate further the risks associated with our current debt levels.
- The conditions of the U.S. and international capital markets may adversely affect lenders with which we have relationships, causing us to incur additional costs and reducing our sources of liquidity, which may adversely affect our financial position, liquidity, and results of operations.
Information Technology and Cybersecurity Risks
- Our dependence on technology could have a material adverse effect on our business.
- Our use of electronic contracts could impact our ability to perfect our ownership or security interest in Consumer Loans.
- Failure to properly safeguard confidential consumer and team member information could subject us to liability, decrease our profitability and damage our reputation.
Legal and Regulatory Risks
- Litigation we are involved in from time to time may adversely affect our financial condition, results of operations, and cash flows.
- Changes in tax laws and the resolution of uncertain income tax matters could have a material adverse effect on our results of operations and cash flows from operations.
- The regulations to which we are or may become subject could result in a material adverse effect on our business.
Other factors not currently anticipated by management may also materially and adversely affect our business, financial condition and results of operations. We do not undertake, and expressly disclaim any obligation, to update or alter our statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
[ Accept ] | [ Decline & Exit ]